Well we have been back a month and the weeks have whizzed past! I would like to extend a special welcome to all our new children and parents to our nursery and primary school. This is the start of a very special journey we will share together. You will be receiving this letter via email but it will also be accessible through our Facebook page and our website.
Please check these out throughout the term.
Can all children that stay for lunch have a cold pack in their lunchbox. This will ensure their food remains cool and without risk. Also, we are prohibited to reheat home cooked rice, so please do not send it in. Rice is a very HIGH-RISK FOOD.
As children in the nursery are going through potty training, please send them in clothes that are easy to pull up and down. The Montessori philosophy encourages independence in children so clothes with elasticated waists help. PLEASE no baby grows or pants over the top of pull ups.
When thinking about your child’s development, coats and shoes with easy fastenings such as Velcro and big poppers are much easier than laces or zips.
Please can all items of clothing be named. We have a lot of children at school all wearing the same uniform so it can be very confusing for the staff if there is no name to match clothing to a child. It would be helpful to have bags, coats and lunch boxes named too.
1. The Facebook page, will alert you to any important dates, emergency closures and will notify you when the News feed or any other updates have been made to the website: facebook.com/henleymontessori
2. Forest School has been a success so far, all the children are having fun and we will continue until the temperature is below 10 degrees and then we will notify you via email/phone or Facebook and website. The walk back to nursery is a great success and the children can experience walking across fields, climbing over stiles and climbing down many steps through a beautiful woodland area. Please remember to clothe your children with waterproof leggings and jackets, and layers of clothing underneath according to the temperature outside on the day. Wellies, hat and warm gloves/mittens and socks for hands and feet. If the children are warm and comfortable then we all have a great time!
Don’t forget the plastic bag for the dirty wet clothing when they get back to school.
3. Tuesday 3rd October, the children in years R, 1, 2, 3 and 4 are having their Flu nasal spray.
4. Half Term week is week commencing 23rd October, we are closed for the week.
5. Monday 6th November Bags 2 School collection, more details to follow.
6. FRIDAY 17th November, the children are invited to dress up in 80’s style or as Pudsey Bear and donate a £1.00 to support Children in Need.
7. Wednesday 22nd November, we are organising a puppet show to come and entertain the children, more details to follow.
8. Our Christmas Concert will take place on Friday 8th December at 10.45. More details to follow. The dress rehearsal will take place on Friday 1st December. If your child does not attend on a Friday, they can attend for the dress rehearsal and the concert (no additional cost)
9. A Christmas Post Box will be in the entrance from Monday 4th December. Last posting day will be Monday 11th December.
10. Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children on Monday 11th December. Wear a Christmas Jumper and donate £1, thank you
11. Christmas Party and last day of term Tuesday 12th December 9.15 – 12.15, all children to bring a party pack lunch. All children are welcome to attend party even if it is not their usual session. PARTY CLOTHES ARE A MUST! Nursery and School will close at 12.15.
Please check the entrance and door for any last-minute notices.